Go back to store
Action Deafness Books - Knowledge Programme information
Are you a public or University library, bookseller or publisher looking for advice on D/deaf awareness or training in D/deaf equality issues? Do you have a staff team that wishes an introduction to the basics of British Sign Language (BSL)?
Then as a Social Enterprise, Action Deafness Books has the answer – bespoke and tailored training that will meet your needs and more.
Our D/deaf awareness courses will typically;
- Look at the issues facing D/deaf employees and users in your workplace
- Propose communication strategies for ensuring effective integration
- Assess the impacts of buildings and environments
- Introduce best practice that will lead to sustainable D/deaf awareness
Our D/deaf equality training will look to;
- Generate an understanding of D/deaf culture, language and identity.
- Ensure professionals are aware of their obligations to provide equal access for D/deaf people - to the services that they provide.
- Foster debate and action on how to ensure effective provision and equality.
Subject to your needs, our introduction to BSL will enable people to;
- Carry out a basic conversation in BSL
- Sign simple information about themselves to a BSL user
- Sign numbers
- Use BSL to give simple directions